Supercars are to reach a huge milestone this weekend, their 1000th race in championship history! With Supercars supporting the Formula One Australian Grand Prix event, motorsport fans from far and wide will be tuning in to see some of the best racing these two categories have to offer.
Tim will be showcasing the Alliance Truck Parts livery at this event, whilst team-mate Nick Percat dons the Freightliner Racing livery. With the Albert Park circuit being the second longest circuit the Supercars visit in the season, drivers always look forward to the technical and turn filled circuit.
Tim Slade added “The team have traditionally been pretty strong at the Albert Park circuit. I’m looking forward to hopefully building on what my engineer Tony and the rest of the Freightliner Racing crew formed in Adelaide.”
Below are the on-track times for Tim Slade in the Freightliner Racing Supercar at the Beaurepaires Melbourne 400, and your local TV times can be found here - https://www.supercars.com/tv-schedule/
Thursday 14th March
12:50-13:20 – Practice One
15:00-15:30 – Practice Two
16:40-16:50 – Qualifying (Race 3 Grid)
17:00-17:10 – Qualifying (Race 4 Grid)
Friday 15th March
13:50-14:00 – Qualifying (Race 5 Grid)
14:10-14:20 – Qualifying (Race 6 Grid)
17:55-18:55 – Race Three (130km/25 Laps)
Saturday 16th March
12:50-13:20 – Race Four (70km/13 Laps)
18:30-19:30 – Race Five (130km/25 Laps)
Sunday 17th March
13:20-14:05 – Race Six (70km/13 Laps)
(16:10-18:10 – Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix)
- Qualifying Lap Record – Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 1m54.3972s, 2017, Ford Falcon FGX
- Race Lap Record – Craig Lowndes, Triple Eight, 1m55.9682s, 2011, Commodore VEII
- Tim moved forward in all four races at the AGP event last year, with three top ten finishes, almost making it four with an 11th place finish.
- Five different drivers have won the last five Albert Park Supercar events overall dating back to 2014.
- The safety car has appeared in 27 of the 72 Supercar races at Albert Park, and there has never been a Supercar race with more than one safety car appearance.
- Race 4 of the 2019 championship (Saturday’s first race) will be the 1000th race in ATCC/VASC history!
Sunday 17th March
11:05 - 11:25 – Supercars Signing Session, Autograph Stage
Published: 12 March 2019.